Thursday, October 7, 2010

Definitely

Well, I just decided to name my resurrected blog. Here's how it happened:

I sat down in my chair and started to ponder. My object in pondering was to determine what I should name my blog. I began to think about random phrases, words, nouns and verbs which just didn't have any particular meaning or value to me. Then I started to think of some examples of names that I judged to be unique. Inevitably I started reminiscing about my adventures as an official advocate of the Lord. Over the course of my service in said endeavor I met many people with many interesting names. Por ejemplo, I met a man named Mushroom. I briefly taught a family with three kids named Ransom, Nuggs and Colt. I once baptized a Tongan girl whose middle name was 'Alungamalie (until which time I never knew a name could begin with an apostrophe). Well, when I was stationed in the cheerful sunny side of Compton CA I started visiting a young hispanic couple (surprise!). The BF spoke pure spanish and the GF usually spoke english. One day the two of them brought home a pitbull. This pit was friendly, cute and cuddly as most pitbulls are (when they're puppies) and he loved to gnaw on things like stuffed animals, furniture and hands. Well, to make a short story short the BF and GF named this puppy pit "Fo' Sho'". That's the ghetto way of saying "for sure", I guess.

So, Fo' Sho', I dedicate this blog to you.

And thus it is.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

Yay! The word verification that I must enter before this is posted is splen, which is very similar to spleen, which is interesting but not how I feel right now. In old poetry, etc, the spleen is thought to produce one of those 'humors,' not very aplty named, because the humor produced by the spleen creates melancholy. This is commonly used in French music which I find very funny. Some examples follow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaQK3wJDizM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTBHHas6tCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AojQMdXmAo (This one is my favorite).

That was a long tangent, but basically, tylerlewis, I feel anti-spleeny about your blog :)